Day 3 – Why upgrade to Sage 50 Accounts 2014?
August 21, 2013
The new update for Sage 50 Accounts was released at the beginning of August 2013, and offers a range of benefits. The key aspects of this update involve VAT, stock, foreign trading, charity, and staying connected.
As mentioned in yesterdays post, Sage 50 Accounts 2014, or the VAT edition, has a number of new features to make understanding VAT easier than ever. This includes:
– Show me how
– VAT verifier
– Submitting returns in just three clicks
– Submission receipts automatically stored alongside VAT returns
– Easy payment instructions sent to your bank via e-banking
For more information on the VAT help available with Sage 50 Accounts 2014, check out yesterdays blog post here.
Manage your stock with confidence
Sage 50 Accounts 2014 gives you an up-to-date view of what you have; how profitable items are and helps keep your customers happy by ensuring you never run out of stock.
Stock improvements include;
– Import stock take from Excel/CSV files to ensure that stock levels in Sage 50 Accounts 2014 match what you actually have
– Remove products/services that you no longer sell from your product list so your stock list only shows items currently on sale
– Easily calculate the value of your stock with the opening and closing stock wizard. This means your financial reports show an accurate and up to date stock value
Foreign trading made easy
Sage 50 Accounts 2014 makes it simple to trade and account in foreign currencies whilst keeping you compliant with legislation.
Foreign Trader is now available as an add-on for Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 Accounts Plus so you can manage your accounts in multiple currencies when dealing with overseas customers & suppliers. This will allow you to record transactions, create invoices, reconcile accounts in foreign currencies and manage foreign trading on the VAT Cash Accounting Scheme.
Manage charity donations with ease
It’s now quick and easy for charities to record donations and upload gift aid returns straight to HMRC; whilst managing your gift aid thresholds and staying within your allowances.
– Categorise donations by funds so you can see how your fund-raising is performing
– Record the right information about your donors and small donations for easier Gift Aid
– Manage your finances so you can complete your Trustees Annual return.
With easier payments to suppliers and from customers, as well as easier access to your accounts using the Sage 50 Accounts Mobile app, it’s simple to have strong relationships and stay connected with the people that are important to your business.
– Easy payments for better cash flow
– More payment options (Sage Pay)
– Sage 50 Accounts Mobile app
– Live updates/messages from Sage
-Financial Year Change can now be done in all variants of Sage 50 Accounts 2014
– Archive your data at any time during the financial year, not just at the year end
– Journal reveal feature now available in all variants of Sage 50 Accounts 2014
For more information, please contact Nick Wetherall on 01772 821021.