Q&A with Keith Porter
March 20, 2018
- How long have you been working in the accountancy field?
I have been working in the accountancy field for 26 years. My first job in the sector was at an accountancy practice in Southport.
- What do you enjoy most about accountancy?
Accountancy allows you to meet lots of different people, clients and companies every day. Generally, I enjoy being able to meet all these people on a day to day basis.
- Why have you chosen MHA Moore & Smalley?
There are good opportunities at MHA Moore & Smalley. Not only are they a progressive firm but they have great company values. To name a couple, they believe in delivering outstanding client service and getting it right first time. Also, the environment at MHA Chiks is always friendly and positive, there is a large focus on celebrating everyone’s success and ensuring that they feel valued.
- What are you looking forward to the most about working for MHA Moore & Smalley?
As I mentioned previously, I love being able to meet lots of different people, clients and companies so I look forward to expanding my network of contacts.
- What was your first job?
My first ever job was straight after school, I was a joiner in Burscough for 6 years. Regarding accountancy, I started my career at an accountancy practice in Southport.
- If you weren’t an accountant, what would your dream job be?
I would be a professional footballer. I’d be a striker for Liverpool.
- What is your favourite sport?
Golf. I am a member of Southport Old Links Golf Club. My favourite golfer is Tommy Fleetwood, who is also a fellow Southport resident!
- Do you have any hobbies?
My hobbies are mainly around sports – I like golf, football and I also go to the gym regularly.
- If you could change one thing in Britain, what would it be?
Definitely the weather.
- Tell me three things from your bucket list.
They are all mainly around travelling. I want to travel to Australia, visit the Grand Canyon and play golf at Augusta.