The MHA Chiks healthcare team are regularly asked questions on a number of areas of concern for many healthcare professionals. We have developed a number of guides and factsheets to help answer these questions, including tax and national insurance issues, pension queries and general advice on earnings and practice matters. Please click on the links below or alternatively contact a member of our healthcare team on 01253 404404 or 0115 972 1050 for further information.
- Is owning the practice property still a good idea?
- I’m a GP in a practice but do quite a lot of private work, what records should I keep?
- How do I fund buying into a practice?
- What is a partnership agreement and how might it help?
- I have been a salaried GP at a practice and have been invited to become a partner. How do I decide whether to accept?
- Can I use a limited company for my private earnings?
- Explanation of the practice accounts – profit and loss, balance sheet, capital and current accounts
Tax and National Insurance
- How much do I need to save for tax?
- I am employed in the local hospital but I am also self-employed when I do out of hours work. Do I pay national insurance on all those earnings?
- I have heard about the new pension tax charges, what are they and will they affect me?
- I have just finished my GP training and want to start locum and out of hours work. What do I need to do about tax and national insurance?
- Why have a VAT Health Check?
- How do I pay my tax?